So, In the wake of all of this crazy stuff happening on planet earth (Re: COVID-19) And the confronting images that we see & hear on the news, about a lack of clinical-style face masks. We decided we would help.
This is our free Flu Mask Sewing Pattern. And you can make it at home from old clothing and spare materials. We hope this tutorial not only keeps everyone a little bit safer, but kills a bit of time!
• Sewing machine -or a hand sewing needle.
• Non stretch fabric is preferable but any material will do.
• Wash your damn hands.
• Print pattern and check the 4cm box measures correctly.
• Cut 1 pair of outer material and 1 pair of lining to be trimmed along the dotted line.
• Sew the centre front right sides together on the outer and lining pieces approx 1cm from the edge of the cut fabric, notch and press open.
• Place the right sides together sew your upper and lower edges, 1cm from the edge.
• Turn your project inside out so the raw edges are hidden on the inside, iron edges and top stitch top and bottom edges (top stitching optional)
• Along the two remaining raw edges of your mask turn back the fabric twice and iron to conceal any raw edges -pin if necessary and ensure your channel is wide enough to fit your elastic through.
• Edge stitch turned edges to form a channel and thread your elastic through, tie elastic to fit.
• Enjoy and breathe easy!
Today we're playing a classic that will get you grooving into the weekend, Violent Femmes Blister in the Sun. Read into the lyrics what you like, it's guitar riffs and upbeat sound makes you want to move.